Banquet Center Policies
- Michigan’s 6% sales tax and an 18% service charge will be applied to all food and beverage purchases.
- Payment must be made fourteen days prior to your event unless other arrangements have been made with management.
- You will be charged for the guaranteed number of guests confirmed forty-eight hours before the event, or the number served (whichever is greater). The minimum party size for buffet serving is forty guests.
- Closing hours are 12:30 a.m., except for 10:30 p.m. on Sunday night, unless previous arrangements have been made. All bars and DJs must be finished at 12:00 a.m. Afternoon banquets must be vacated by 4:00 p.m. unless previous arrangements have ben made with management.
- Management may request a damage deposit. Full or partial deposit will be returned within two weeks, accompanied by a damage statement.
- The Loon’s Nest Banquet Center cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged articles left on the premises.
- An advance, non-refundable, minimum deposit of $100 or 20% of total cost is required to confirm your reservations.
- Deposits will be refunded if the cancellation occurs sixty days or more prior to your event, and if the banquet room can be reserved with another comparable party for that same date.
- Decorations are to be coordinated with management and must meet fire regulations. Items are not to be taped or tacked on walls, ceilings, or surfaces. State fire regulations require that all materials be freestanding. Confetti and glitter are not allowed. All candles are required to be glass-enclosed.
- Special requests are honored. We wish to work with you to make your event a memorable one.
Banquet rooms and meeting rooms can be reserved by calling 616-636-5260 or 888-368-5666. Scheduled times can be arranged to show you banquet rooms.
Food and Beverages
In accordance with Michigan State health, food license, and liquor license laws, all food and beverages must be provided by Whitefish Lake Golf Club and the Loon’s Nest Banquet Center, with the exception of specialty cakes. Any food and beverages not consumed are not permitted to leave the premises for health and safety reasons and due to state regulations. We are a state-licensed facility and cannot serve alcoholic beverages to persons under the age of twenty-one. Should the age of a guest be in question, proper identification will be required. All alcoholic beverages consumed on the property must be purchased from the Loon’s Nest Banquet Center and served by our employees.